Thursday, October 28, 2010

Joy:

I was supposed to also help a kid with his Spanish homework, but he wasn't assigned Spanish today so instead we worked on World Studies. We finished the worksheet and just had a really great time together. As I was walking him outside to get picked up he told me "I had a lot of fun today, the most fun I've had in a long time.." "Me too! I really enjoyed meeting you! And now you know, if you need help with World Studies or Spanish..." "Oh, you don't have to tell me, I'll be coming back and getting help!" "GREAT!"

It was also wonderful meeting his grandpa that picked him up! I went to introduce myself and to tell him what we did today. I told him I had a great time working with J and that he has a great grandson, he was wonderful to get to know and an all around great kid. "I look forward to seeing him more!"

A big smile appeared on both faces, like grandfather like grandson...beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great!!!! I am so jealous right now.. There are people on my team with negativity that may keep me from doing what I want to do with my coordinator position...

    ReplyDelete