Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning Greeting Fight

Everyone was heading out of the gym and before we knew it, there was a huge crowd and commotion right outside in the hallway. D and DW were locked together in mid-fight. I was cautious going in the circle trying to break it up, and when I saw that there weren't any swings being taken I put myself in the middle to break them up. With the help of some other students, we pull them apart from each other, and I yell out to everyone to get to class. The mass of around 50 students start walking down the hallway away from the annex into the main school building. At this point I was walking behind D and DW was up ahead a couple feet. DW turns and swings at D again and they start trying to get in it again, I was a lot quicker this time and pushed D back away from the crowd and I yelled to DW and the other students to keep walking. At this time, the security guards were running towards everyone and grabbed DW and D, taking them up to the Dean's office. Both students will probably get a 10 day suspension for fighting, and on top of missing school and getting behind in class because of his recent actions, D won't be able to participate in the VIP lounge, a City Year event celebrating students that have made progress over the recent weeks.

What a way to start the morning- barely breathing because of a cold, and already broke up a fight (twice)...

Wonder what the rest of the day will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment