Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Joy:

This morning, I walk into school and C pulls me off to the side...
"Why were you crying last week?"
"Oh, I was upset with some students and how they were behaving...I felt ganged up on and it really got to me..."
We continue to talk about the situation and it really touched me when he said:
"I don't like it when my teachers cry. You don't deserve to be treated that way..."
Thank you C for looking out for me, its nice to know I have some student support even through the rough times.

And of course, in true Collins nature, our conversation ended with:
"If they get physical, let me know..."
 That statement kind of caught me off guard but it was also touching knowing that he wants to protect me and cares enough to do so.
"Okay, C. Thanks but I don't think it'll get to that point."
 It was still a nice way to start off the day, knowing that there are students that want us there and care about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment